- OLD TESTAMENT
- 2:13: And the name of the second
river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth
the whole land of Ethiopia.
- 12:1: And Miriam and Aaron spake
against Moses because of the Ethiopian
woman whom he had married: for he had
married an Ethiopian woman.
- 2 Kings 19:9
- 19:9: And when he heard say of
Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold, he is
come out to fight against thee: he sent
messengers again unto Hezekiah, saying,
- 2 Chronicles
- 12:3 With twelve hundred
chariots, and threescore thousand horsemen: and
the people were without number that came with him
out of Egypt; the Lubims, the Sukkiims, and the
- 14:9 And there came out against them Zerah
the Ethiopian with an host of a
thousand thousand, and three hundred chariots;
and came unto Mareshah.
- 14:12 So the LORD smote the
Ethiopians before Asa and before Judah;
and the Ethiopians fled.
- 14:13 And Asa and the people that were
with him pursued them unto Gerar: and the
Ethiopians were overthrown, that they
could not recover themselves; for they were
destroyed before the LORD, and before his host;
and they carried away very much spoil.
not the Ethiopians and the
Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and
horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the
LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.
the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of
the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were
it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus, (this
is Ahasuerus which reigned, from India even unto Ethiopia,
over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces:)
- 8:9 Then were the king's scribes
called at that time in the third month, that is,
the month Sivan, on the three and twentieth day
thereof; and it was written according to all that
Mordecai commanded unto the Jews, and to the
lieutenants, and the deputies and rulers of the
provinces which are from India unto Ethiopia,
an hundred twenty and seven provinces, unto every
province according to the writing thereof, and
unto every people after their language, and to
the Jews according to their writing, and
according to their language.
topaz of Ethiopia shall not
equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure
- 68:31 Princes shall come
out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall
soon stretch out her hands unto God.
will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them
that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia;
this man was born there.
- 18:1 Woe to the land shadowing with wings,
which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia
- 20:3 And the LORD said, Like as my servant
Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years
for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon
- 20:4 So shall the king of Assyria lead
away the Egyptians prisoners, and the
Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and
barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to
the shame of Egypt.
- 20:5 And they shall be afraid and ashamed
of Ethiopia their expectation, and of
Egypt their glory.
- 37:9 And he heard say concerning Tirhakah
king of Ethiopia, He is come forth to make
war with thee. And when he heard it, he sent
messengers to Hezekiah, saying,Isa.43
- 43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy
One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy
ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
- 45:14 Thus saith the LORD, The labour of
Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of
the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto
thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come
after thee; in chains they shall come over, and
they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make
supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in
thee; and there is none else, there is no God.
- 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his
skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also
do good, that are accustomed to do evil.
- 38:7 Now when Ebed-melech the Ethiopian,
one of the eunuchs which was in the king's house,
heard that they had put Jeremiah in the dungeon;
the king then sitting in the gate of Benjamin;
- 38:10 Then the king commanded Ebed-melech
the Ethiopian saying, Take from hence
thirty men with thee, and take up Jeremiah the
prophet out of the dungeon, before he die.
- 38:12 And Ebed-melech the Ethiopian
said unto Jeremiah, Put now these old cast clouts
and rotten rags under thine armholes under the
cords. And Jeremiah did so.
- 39:16 Go and speak to Ebed-melech the Ethiopian,
saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of
Israel; Behold, I will bring my words upon this
city for evil, and not for good; and they shall
be accomplished in that day before thee.
- 46:9 Come up, ye horses; and rage, ye
chariots; and let the mighty men come forth; the
Ethiopians and the Libyans, that handle the
shield; and the Lydians, that handle and bend the
- 29:10 Behold, therefore I am against thee,
and against thy rivers, and I will make the land
of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the
tower of Syene even unto the border of
- 30:4 And the sword shall come upon Egypt,
and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when
the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall
take away her multitude, and her foundations
shall be broken down.
- 30:5 Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and
all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of
the land that is in league, shall fall with them
by the sword.
- 30:9 In that day shall messengers go forth
from me in ships to make the careless
Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come
upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo, it
- 38:5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya
with them; all of them with shield and helmet
- 11:43 But he shall have power over the
treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the
precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the
Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
- 9:7 Are ye not as children of the
Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel?
saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out
of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from
Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
- 3:9 Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength,
and it was infinite; Put and Lubim were thy
- 2:12 Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall
be slain by my sword.
- 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia
my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed,
shall bring mine offering.
- 3:2 And to all the governors and captains
and lieutenants that were under him, from India
unto Ethiopia of an hundred twenty and
- 1:10 Until ye come beyond Tanis and
Memphis, and to all the inhabitants of Egypt,
until ye come to the borders of Ethiopia
- Esther (the rest)
- 4:1 The copy of the letters was this: The
great king Artexerxes writeth these things to the
princes and governours that are under him from
India unto Ethiopia in an hundred and
seven and twenty provinces.
- 7:1 The great king Artexerxes unto the
princes and governors of an hundred and seven and
twenty provinces from India unto Ethiopia
, and unto all our faithful subjects, greeting.
- NEW TESTAMENT
- 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a
man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great
authority under Candace queen of the
Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her
treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship.